The research commercialization, intellectual property, and sponsored research contracts are covered by a variety of university policies.
The old adage "the devil is in the details" often applies when you are trying to determine if a policy applies to your situation. If you are unsure, please call a MILO industry liaison officer. They are happy to provide advice and find answers for you.
- Joint IP Policy (covers McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences, and St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton)
- MEEI Student Policy
- Policy on Indirect Costs (overhead)
- Policy on Payments to Individuals
- Use of University Space for Commercial Uses
- Ownership of Student Work
- Income from Sale of Course Materials (Instructional Materials)
- Consulting Policy
- Execution of Instruments Policy (see Appendix E, page 45, of this pdf. Appendix E is available separately.)